LUCY Outreach, Inc. (“LUCY”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) cares about privacy issues and wants you to be familiar
with how we collect, disclose or use information about you. This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes
our practices concerning information collected through our website (the “Website”), social media pages we
control (“Social Media Pages”), via email, government background checks, and through any offline activities,
such as by telephone or in person (“Offline Activities”) (all activities collectively referred to as the “Services”).
Collecting Personal Information
- We may collect “Personal Information” (information that identifies you or relates to you as an
identifiable person) about you such as your:
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Demographic information, such as race, gender, family size
- Academic records and information such as school, grade, graduation year
- Special needs or conditions
- Insurance information
- Social Media Account information
- Bank account information (in connection with donations made by check)
- Driver’s license, government-issued ID, or passport
- Vehicle information, such as owner, make, model, year, license plate
- Information necessary to conduct background checks, such as height, weight, place of birth,
citizenship, eye color, hair color, employer, occupation, social security number, fingerprint
2. We may collect information from you when you interact with us such as when you:
- Register for or use our Services
- Contact us with a question or request
- Volunteer or apply to volunteer
- Apply to or become an employee, a driver for or board member of LUCY Outreach, Inc.
- Make a donation
- Make an appointment
- Provide a testimonial or story, or submit a review or comment for use in our materials
- “Like”, “Follow” or otherwise connect with or post to one of our Social Media Pages
3. Other information we collect about you:
Our Services may use “cookies” and similar technologies (collectively, “cookies”), which are small text
files our Websites send your computer for record-keeping purposes and are stored on your hard drive.
Cookies save preferences so that we can to improve your next visit to our Website.
Using Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information in connection with any of the following:
Our transactions with you, including, but not limited to:
- Responding to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- Entering into or perform a contract with you
- Providing outreach, educational, social, and emotional services
- Sending you administrative information
- Completing and fulfilling service requests, such as transportation or other Services
2. For our legitimate interests, including, but not limited to:
- To carry out data analysis, audits, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, helping enforce
3. In accordance with any consent you provided. You have the right to decline to provide your consent
and, if consent was provided, to withdraw it at any time.
4. As necessary or appropriate for legal reasons, including, but not limited to:
- Under applicable law
- To comply with legal process
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities
- To enforce our terms and conditions
- To protect our operations or those of other third parties
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you or others
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages we or other third parties may sustain
Disclosing Your Information
- Third-Parties: We may lawfully share your information with third-parties as needed to deliver
products and services to you, provide customer service, or handle your account.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement authorities,
government or public agencies or officials or any other person or entity with appropriate legal authority
or justification for receipt of your information, to respond to claims, legal process requests such as
subpoenas, or to protect our rights, interests, privacy, property or safety, and/or that of you or others.
- Public Health Risks: We may disclose information about you for public health purposes, including
notifying the appropriate government authority if we believe a client/participant has been the victim of
abuse, neglect or domestic violence. We will only make this disclosure if you agree or when required or
authorized by law.
- Business Partners, Sponsors, and Other Third Parties: We may disclose your Personal Information
to business partners or co-sponsors of fundraisers or events, and other third parties in order to provide
you with services that may interest you. For example, we may co-sponsor events with a third party and
may share your Personal Information in connection with these events. If you provide additional
information to any of these third parties, such information will be subject to such third parties’ privacy
Protecting Your Information
We will use appropriate safeguards to protect the information you provide us from loss, misuse and
unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Unfortunately, no security system or safeguards are
100% secure, thus we cannot ensure the security of all information you provide to us via the Services.
Other Important Information
- Information Provided on Someone Else’s Behalf: If you provide us with information about someone
else, please ensure you have their permission to do so for the purposes detailed in this Privacy Notice.
- Links to Websites: The Services may have links to other websites we do not operate. We have no
control over how they may collect your information or liability for their practices, policies and security
measures. You should read the privacy notices on other websites before you submit information to them.
- Social Media Sites: Please note we are not responsible for the policies and practices or security of other
organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google or any other developer or provider, including any
information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with Social Media Pages.
- Changes to Our Privacy Notice: From time to time we may revise this Privacy Notice by posting an
updated, date-stamped version. Unless otherwise required under applicable law (e.g. obtaining consent
from you for material changes) the revised Privacy Notice will take effect immediately upon posting.
- Minors: We do not knowingly collect, maintain or use Personal Information from individuals under 13
years of age in connection with, and no part of our Website is directed to, individuals under the age of
13. Parents or guardians should provide information to us via the Services on their children’s behalf, and
ensure children are complying with age restrictions associated with use of third party social media
platforms. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided us
with information without your consent, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure
such information is deleted from our files.
- Retention Period. We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the
purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Your Choices and Rights
- Withdrawing Your Consent: You may withdraw any consent you provided to us to use your
information at any time.
- Correcting your Information: We will take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of your Personal
Information. You may contact us to request we correct any information about you at any time.
- Deleting your Information: Under certain circumstances, you may request we delete Personal
Information we hold about you by contacting us. We will review your request and determine, under
applicable law, whether we are required to delete this information.
- Accessing or Transferring your Information: You may request a copy of your Personal Information
in a format that allows you to send it to another entity.
Any request to access or obtain copies of your Personal Information must be made in writing by contacting us at
the address set forth below. We may, depending on the applicable law, be entitled to charge a nominal fee to
cover some of our administration costs in connection with providing such information. We may also ask you to
verify your identity and provide further details relating to your request.
If after reviewing this Privacy Notice, you have any questions, complaints or privacy concerns, or would like to make any requests in relation to your Personal Information, or obtain further information on safeguards used for international transfers please send an email to email@example.com or send a letter to:
3201 Federal Street
Camden, NJ 08105